Monday, May 31, 2010

Actually Shameless

Not much has transpired in the last few days that's made me think "I should blog about that." Yet, as usual, here I am blogging with little actual material. Perhaps a brief recap of the past 24-36 hours? Ok.

My sister graduated yesterday from high school. Guess she didn't have to take driving classes for school credit, since when she was backing out of her parking space afterwards, she forgot to put it in reverse and freaked out when the engine revved and nothing happened. Now the "check engine" light is on. Coincidence? I hope not, for her sake.

I saw Mike and Ben today! They're on their way back from ~2000 graduations at Cornell this past weekend. I met them at their hotel and ordered in pizza with their parents since it was a) raining outside and b) they were sick of being in the car. It was good to see them. I mean, it's only been three weeks since we graduated and left Oxford, but it seems like a lot longer. Oh well, I'll see them soon enough (as well as Matt Forrest and Eric and the gang) at my sister's grad party. Or else.

Speaking of Eric et al, I'm heading out to his house this Friday for Bonfire! I think we'll be spending much of Friday at Cedar Point (America's Roller Coast), which should be baller. I think I'll buy a season pass this year and meet Eric out there a lot. (Thoughts, Eric?) Back to Bonfire!, I'm planning on camping in Eric's yard since space inside is limited, and I've had a hankerin' for some backpacking since oh, probably early May. Stay tuned to see how that goes.

More exciting news tonight: I'm a finalist for a photograph contest held every week at msnbc.com, featuring travel photos people have taken. I submitted a picture of the Golden Gate Bridge, which was featured in a previous blog post, and has been picked to be voted on by viewers (i.e., as many of my peers as possible). So in an act of complete shamelessness, please go here and vote! My photo is in the bottom left, and is currently ranked third! For all the times I've taken last-minute marketing surveys (you know I'm right), voted for cutest vegetarians, student body elections, arbor day campuses (Loyola I'm looking at you), and more, so please just humor me and help me legitimize my hobby! Thanks.

That's about it for now, I'll keep you posted on anything mundane or extraordinary that may pop up. And voting is until June 3rd, so tell your friend to tell a friend.

3 comments:

  1. My vote moved you from 4th to a tie for 3rd. You're welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks; I'll buy you a drink sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My facebook status got you to first (or so I'll claim)

    ReplyDelete