Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Beach

The great thing about living in Chicago is the great access to the beach of a lake which neither it or its tributaries have ever caught fire. I spent about 4 hours working on my tan today and all I got was a sunburn. There is no justice in this world. Unfortunately I do not have the talent for tanning of Eric. However during my time in the inviting sands of the Gilson Beach in Wilmette, Illinois, I noticed that the latest trend for guys has to be random tattoos that seem to have no meaning. One guy had a swirl on his arm (Seriously, I can think of much cooler optical illusions to put on your body), another guy had a giant crown across his chest (There is only one king and his name is LeBron James, who interesting enough does not have a giant crown across his chest), another guy had a tattoo of an Asian character on his back (And seriously, it could mean anything. If I was a tattoo artist I would just give someone characters and be like, Dude I swear it means this), and finally there was a person who my friend defined as a mural (I was actually part of a mural painting project in middle school, I wonder if my painted tiles are still there). The other problem with the beach this time of year was the unfortunate proportion of guys to girls on the beach. 50:50 is always fine, but when I go to the beach I can't help but hope for at 30 guy to 70 girl ratio. Today was about a 70:30. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment