Sunday, May 30, 2010

I've given you a lot of links to click on!

Matt, when you start a post with the phrase "Some entertaining stuff has transpired in the past couple days" I would be led to believe that several intersting things have occured just not one story about a glovebox. Whatever, I wont give any promises for any excitement in my post, my last two days have been rather boring so I am sorry. Friday was spent once again shockingly searching for jobs and getting my life in order (yes that means cleaning out my e-mail inbox, thrilling I know. Eric will make fun of me, I don't care) I also began a quest to find some "nice" paper to print my resume on, on Friday it ended sadly without any paper. Did make some homemade pizza which brought back some good memories from last summer...see Facebook album Summer 2009: Never a Dull moment. If you are not friends with Smola than I am sorry, you will not see any pictures.
Watched some TV...went to bed, slept until noon (which is a good start to my morning).
Today was actually really productive in a very boring way. Went to the bank and continued my quest to find nice paper. Avid blog reader and frequent character in our posts, Molly Dull (if you don't know who she is by now you are way behind on the blog), suggested a place for me to go and so I walked a few blocks to Clark St in Andersonville (really cool neighborhood by the way) and walked into the Paper Trail  where I actually found some sweet stuff and most importantly nice paper to print my resume on, so now I'm set. Came back, plotted with Molly Dull for our world take over for awhile and then decided I should start running (though I'd prefer to bike...but, as Eric pointed out, having a bike would make it difficult to run). Stretched out and went for a run for about 30 minutes, I know it's not a lot but I am just starting out after being out of this for a good 2 years (as Matt and Eric will tell you as I constanly sat out on thier runs last summer). I'll keep that up as a daily thing, I think.
Did laundry, watched The Break Up (I give it bad reviews-the ending sucked), checked out the Blackhawks game, updated my Linked In Profile (trying to maybe use that as a useful tool in my job search-probably won't work) and then finally Ed came home (I've been alone all day if I didn't mention that) so went to get food because I forgot to eat and now I am debating watching John Adams which is a MUST SEE!

As a more inspiring read from my last post grad post, Adam Harris sent Molly Dull and I this commencement speech, a must read for some inspiration (Eric will think it's too long)

Currently listening to: Alejandro by Lady Gaga
Motivational song to get you pumped up to look for jobs: John Adams Opening Titles by so and so.

Peace out!

2 comments:

  1. It's funny because this blog is set to Eastern time I am actually posting in the future as it has told me I posted this at 2:00AM (it's only 1:00AM here) - that's magic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who set it to eastern time?

    I only read a little of that speech and it was already a million times better than ours was. I don't want to shoot myself in the face or anything!

    ReplyDelete