Monday, May 24, 2010

MU > OU

A few notes before I get rolling:
-Thanks to Mike for the single biggest contribution of text in probably a year ever.
-$10 says Eric never read to the end of it.
-Mike should keep posting nevertheless.

Ok cool. I was gone for a day or so to visit a couple high school friends at OU, and let me tell you--Miami really kicks its butt. I of course went to Athens sporting as much Miami gear as possible (a hat and shirt), which may not have been the best idea but I don't care. I'll explain later.

We arrive and decide to go to the liquor store. On our way there, we end up behind a pickup truck full of bros on their way to 7-Fest (I think it was that one, there are a ton each year). We're laughing at their silly behavior when they start to realize that they've left one of their large trash cans full of beer and ice at the apartment parking lot they just pulled out of. So the bros start pointing fingers and eventually two of them jump out, run across traffice (nearly getting hit), and grab the trash can. It has wheels, so they're half rolling, half carrying this thing when they go over the curb and BAM! It falls into the street, spilling about two cases of Natty in the road, right in front of an oncoming bus. At this point, the light turns green. They scramble to pick it up and get it back in the truck. Lost in the hilarity, the guy driving our car follows them through the intersection, missing the turn for the liquor store.

Later that night, we went uptown (they call it that too, apparently) to a couple bars. Remembering stories of falling beer bottles, I keep my eyes out for balcony drinking. Seeing someone leaning over the railing with a can of beer, I keep my head up watching. They yell something inaudible, and I'm not sure if I said anything back (I'm told I didn't, surprisingly), but then a second later I'm wet with beer, and the guy next to me is actually soaked. A text to Matt Forrest received no mercy in reply. Thanks.

A Chicago trip is in the works. I GET TO SEE MIKE SOON! and Ben too!

3 comments: