Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Masculinity be Damned

I had a job interview with a school in New Hampshire today. I hope it well. I think it did. I'm applying for more jobs in the mean time because if you are in 212, unless your name is Matt Smola, you have no idea what you are doing next year because you didn't take the easy road and go for a Ph.D.

Pandora radio has helped to de-stress my search as I have listened to a constant stream of fantastic music. While the normal man may not appreciate such classics, new age males, such as Matt Smola and Matt Forrest? must appreciate the songs that are girly but so amazing at the same time the induce a sing along. Smola and I constructed a list sophomore year, and I will attempt to do this again to help you with your searches as well. Nothing like a little Michelle Branch to make you realize that summer is a time for relaxing...even if you are search for a job.

The List:
Breathe--Michelle Branch
Everywhere--Michelle Branch
1000 Miles--Vannessa Carlton
Hold on--Wilson Phillips
I Love You Always Forever--Donna Lewis
Where have all the Cowboys Gone--Paula Cole
I Don't Wanna Wait--Paula Cole
Torn--Natalie Imbruglia
Like a Prayer--Madonna
Walking on Broken Glass--Annie Lennox
Ironic--Alanis Morissette
Anything by Kelly Clarkson that someone wrote for her (That last album was not very good)

That's a start. Feel free to add to this list. I'm sure I won't be the only one that enjoys it.

Now I could go "Be a Man" and lift weights and eat nachos and watch a game, but I already worked out, I'm lactose intolerant and do you really think I'd be posting if the way a game on?Instead I'll be and man and listen to this fantastic compilation.

4 comments:

  1. The only proper way to watch "Torn" by Natalie Imbruglia:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TM3GbxaNLI&feature=related

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alanis is my number one guilty pleasure... and, I am not afraid to admit it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. MATT HOFFMAN, WE HAVE CONNECTED ON AN ENTIRELY NEW LEVEL.

    Might I also suggest that the incredible wonder known as Sheryl Crow be added to the list, Mr. Cohen?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just another way or blog is bringing people together and changing the world.

    ReplyDelete