Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Everybody's Doing It

Since recent posts have been about job applications, I will expound for a few moments on my efforts.

I have not come anywhere close to 60 applications. I am closer to 6. So close, in fact, that that is precisely the number of companies that I have applied to. People keep giving me ideas of places to apply to though, so I am not about to stop. But that is the beauty of my major. I can apply anywhere.

This week has been primarily aerospace companies with a smattering of defense contractors. Some were both. Lockheed and Boeing are the big names. I would really like to work for Lockheed, just so I can tell people I work for Lockheed. They make the coolest things. Boeing is okay too, just not quite as glamorous.

I think I am going to start applying to automotive companies later this week. Most of the big names have plants in the U.S. If I get a job at one of those places I could get a good deal on a new car too. Very appealing.

In other news, I have a shot at a million dollars in twelve days. Keep your fingers crossed. I also ordered two suits today. They should be here by week out and then I will be looking mighty fine. Now all I need is shirts and ties.

Send me ideas of places to apply!

1 comment:

  1. Thoughts on places in North Carolina...I mean Smola is going out there...I'm sure he'd love to have roommates and thus life is wonderful once again

    ReplyDelete