Thursday, May 20, 2010

I agree with Eric (see post below)

I'm loving the new pictures in the banner at the top - primarily the one of Eric.

Hmmmm my sister graduated from high school today - the ceremony was not too bad except that the gym was packed to capacity and as a result was blazing hot (I guess that's better than the bitter cold that was Miami's graduation) The bleachers in the gym as thus are not built for someone of my size so I had to sit sideways the whole time and the mom in front of me kept shooting me dirty looks - as if it was my fault I'm so tall and that she kept trying to leen back where my legs were (I may have nuged her a few times on purpose near the end of the ceremony - she deserved it - she was bitter.) Ran into some old teachers and like half the people I graduated. Some people I wanted to talk to, a lot I didn't (sadly these were the ones who wanted to know everything about my life woomp woomp). It rained a lot - we went for icecream after my sister's graduation - it was worth it. Thus due to all these activities I took a break from the job searching today - it resumes tomorrow. HOORAY!

In other news, I'm reading a book that's turning out to be really interesting and I can barely put it down. I think Eric should maybe invest in it. It's called "Traffic: Why we drive the way we do (and what it says about us)" by Tom Vanderbuilt. Check it up - maybe I'llupdate you all when I finish it maybe not. We'll see.

Something that hasn't changed this summer from the last - Apt 212 apperantly has a lot of free time once again (well maybe minus Mike, who I might see Saturday! - I'll confront him about his lack of blogging in person then) as our blog posts have increased and Matt and Eric are all over my facebook newsfeed. I like it a lot.

Someone just said "shut the front door" in reaction to what someone said. Do people really say that in real life? Does it have any significant meaning? Does it have a background in a literal expereince? Just some things to think about I guess.

Peace out!

3 comments:

  1. I love that my photos are being used for the blog, it makes me feel like a part of it.
    Love you all 212.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok so here is what I know on "shut the front door". If is a more polite way of saying STFU. It is grounded in a real experience if you count watching borderline obsessive amounts of television/movies. I know that it was used in a movie, I want to say Drop Dead Gorgeous but I don't think that is it. And yes people do say it in real life...people like me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. nathan beat me to the punch, but i was going to throw him under the bus regarding his regular use of "shut the front door." if the person who used that and made you blog about it was my former roomie/your current roomie MJG, then there goes my second example...

    ReplyDelete