Monday, May 17, 2010

One Week

It's been a little over a week since apt212 graduated and I arrived back home. Interesting note: the only time it wasn't overcast and/or raining was over the weekend. That's all fine and dandy except that it wasn't very warm yet I still ended up doing the weeding for my dad.

On the job front, well, there really isn't much to talk about. My "dream job" of working at the Great Lakes Science Center aren't really coming to fruition, but never fear! I've applied to a couple run-of-the-mill portrait studios (i.e. Target and JCPenney), and am planning on turning in a couple applications tomorrow for a couple restaurants in town. I swore I'd never do food service but I think it'd be really fun to be a bartender. Steep learning curve? Probably, but I figure when else will I have this opportunity?

Congrats to Eric on his recent sub-orbital launch. Maybe I'll dig out a few of my old rockets and bring them over when he has his bonfire in a few weeks...?

Went to my sister's senior awards night tonight. Aside from her cleaning up the place, I saw an old teacher who owes me and some friends a day on the water in his boat. I think that should include beer as well. I'll keep you updated.

2 comments:

  1. You should tend bar. Thats what I think I want to do when fall comes around. You can tell me how it goes so I can anticipate my failure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm working on it. I'll keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete