Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Reminders of (last) Summer

I'm sorry I wasn't there to help Matt with his toe injury. I remember when he split his toe open on the corner last summer, the blood stain was there for a month or two. Keep any eye out for blood stains on the CTA?

Went to margarita night at a local bar (it's not even that local for me, relatively speaking) last night. Discovered margarita nights there last Tuesday, and while I was driving out there last night, I remembered the times we went to Burrito Loco for margaritas during the summer of apt212. Here are a few things I thought of:

-My (our?) first time there, the kid that was like 10 or 12 years old (definitely not 11) getting margaritas at the bar with his dad.

-Going there with the summer guides (lol, ok) and being obnoxiously loud more so because of our tour guide mentalities than the amount of tequila in the margaritas.

Also played a board game last night called "quelf." Seriously. Made me think of Courtney's sister, but the game was really great. Gave me good ideas for things to do during future games of Kings. I'll have to get it and take it to grad school with me--a great way to get used to new people.

On the summer job front, I've still got nothing. Turning in an application for a photography job today, and waiting on a call from a local restaurant. I swore I'd never do food service, but now I think that it might not be bad for a summer--make me well-rounded and such.

I'm meeting Mdull and Sarah O (of the spring break crew) for [food] at [establishment] in Valley City today! Should be fun. Also trying to think of things to photograph. Ideas welcome.

Fun Fact: The country that has spent the longest average time reading our blog is Poland.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for protecting our identities so we were not stalked at our [establishment] in [my town] today. I feel almost famous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys really need jobs. Don't wait for them to call you...you call them. P.S. You have no experience in the restaurant business, so apply as a bus-boy or host. The life long servers are hard-core.

    ReplyDelete