Thursday, May 27, 2010

Back to Our Roots?

After a little thinking and such, I thought it might be time to remind everyone about why this whole thing started up. We were alone in our apartment (212, duh) last summer, without air conditioning, television, internet, etc., whilst many of our friends were off and about to places like London, Italy, China, Chile, etc. Many of them were blogging about their travels and dammit, we weren't going to be left out.

It was simply a way to entertain ourselves and hopefully bring our far-away friends some laughs. It worked for me, and I think for them as well (no? whatever).

As the summer drew to a close, we decided to keep up blogging throughout the year, since it would give us a way to see what we would all end up doing, since we would all be living in different places with different people. Of course, pretty much most of us except Eric dropped the ball.

Fast-forward to a week ago. Having been home for about a week and a half, I was pretty bored. The blog was picking up, and so was readership. I figured, why not another readership drive? Sure, our Google Ads had long disappeared, which was, as Eric pointed out, our reason for hosting the first "Read Our Blog" campaign, but hell, why not?

So here we are. Yesterday, a record 131 people visited our blog. Do I really care? Not really (although it does look neat on the graph). What I enjoy about this blog is that it lets me stay in touch with a group of people that I love. I don't write in order to entertain the masses, I just try to give my friends something to smile about, laugh about (usually at), or to read so they can take their mind off of things they should be doing, even if it's only for two and a half minutes (or less).

And that's what I'll keep on doing until we all stop. Eventually, we'll all be employed or back to school, and our time will be limited again. For now, please don't tell me how unqualified I am for a job (I'm not a moron), how I should spend my time (I have plans, thank you), what to blog about (especially if you don't giggle when you use "blog" as a verb, because it's a silly word), or how to improve our blog (tee-hee-hee).

Glad we got that cleared up.

This is likely the only well-thought-out post you'll see from me (and the degree to which it was thought out is certainly debatable). Sorry if you didn't laugh at this one, it's ok--Eric stopped reading it a long time ago; I'll be back in normal form probably tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Actually I did read the whole thing and laughed too. Did people really try to tell you what to do in those matters? That's funny.

    ReplyDelete