Saturday, May 15, 2010

I Promised

Since I am pretty sure my(our) readers are as bored as I am this summer, I have returned to post what I promised. I have a few things to talk about.

First, everyone knows how big going green is and saving the world from pollution and all that crap. Well I would like to point out one company that clearly has the entirely wrong perspective on this issue. Sherwin-Williams. Their slogan is "cover the earth" and their logo is a paint can dumping out on the globe. I am personally surprised no one has chastised them for this blatant disrespect for the only planet we have.

In lighter news, I launched a rocket today. The launch itself was a little hairy, it has been literally years since I have launched one so the launch key was corroded. This resulted in the rocket going off unexpectedly as I was turning the key to work through the crud. After this though, the flight was perfect. I used the biggest engine this rocket was designed for (surprise), which propelled it to around 1000 feet. The parachute opened without a hitch and the thing fell softly to the ground. It even landed on our property! I will be launching again soon I think. I did not realize I still had 4 engines left from when my rocket program was suddenly shut down many years after the tragic loss of the Firefly. But since I do have all these and bought more, I need to use them. I also feel I need to reward the batteries in the launch controller that were still good.

I think its about lunch time. Peace.

P.S. If anyone wants to hire an engineer, drop me a line.

No comments:

Post a Comment