Thursday, May 27, 2010

Must stay motivated...

Title is self-explanitory, I hope. So, I've been doing the job search thing all morning and am taking a short break to blog and then maybe I'll go back to it (maybe not we'll see). Though I did find some really interesting, exciting and cool oppurtunities that are keeping me motivated. Then, I found this article, A Lament for the Class of 2010, which while funny is sad in its likely reality and mildly depressing as I move on with the job search (to the unemployed, beware of possible negative and depressing effects before reading the article).

Thus my life has been regulated to placing myself in front of the computer screen for hours on end hoping beyond hope that my resume and cover letters and e-mails and phone calls pay off one day. I take the occasional break to pick up a book or go outside or Facebook and I think I might start running later on this evening, will give me something else to occupy my time with everyday. Also thinking of taking the LEED Certification test based on information passed to me by my formed roommate Adam, still looking into that. Hopefully I get some sort of job soon so my posts becoming more interesting (you my readers are of course my first priority in life). Audree suggested that when I get to 100 applications I celebrate Oxford style, I estimated that I am around 85 (of course these include my applications to places such as Borders and Starbucks as well). So if I get 15 done in the next few days I may have an interesting post to pass on to all of you.

To add to the playlists of songs to help one through the job search, I'd like to contribute the following:
Your love is my drug - Ke$ha (It got me through the one all nighter I pulled during finals week last semester and thus holds a special place in my heart. Judge away)
I'll Make a Man Out of You - Donny Osmond (Mulan Soundtrack) - (The end of Mike's post got this stuck in my head)
Dancing through Life - Wicked Soundtrack
Maybe - Ingrid Michealson (kinda on the slower side but it works for me)
Halo/Walking on Sunshine - Glee Soundtrack (again whatever, judge away)
Suddenly I See - KT Tunstall
Fascination - Alphabeat (Eat your heart out Molly Dull)

That's all I have for now, Mike sadly and surprisingly took all the good ones so my list remained a little empty. Sorry if this content does not appeal to all readers and if you are just catching up with our blog now, check out THIS POST for a must read comment stream.

Keep reading and commenting!
Peace out!

2 comments:

  1. commence heart-eating. fantabulous job, forrest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you still don't have job! You are very talented and smart! Those places don't know what they are missing out on! How many more '!' can I use?! I hope you find this post exciting and that it boost your luck in the dream job market!

    PS Just move to Athens!

    -M

    ReplyDelete