Monday, June 15, 2009

Family Reunion

So I woke up this morning and had some tests done. Then I headed for the airport.
I was supposed to leave for Tahoe today, but because of my health, I was unable to go. However, I still went to the airport, so I was able to see Ben as he came back from Venice. He was really tan, and told me a lot of good stories. But it was easy to see he was happy to back. We spent some time together and then both took 3 hour naps...he is still sleeping. 

My sister comes back in an hour or so, and we she gets back and my dad gets back, the five of us will be together for the first time since early May. This doesn't happen very often, so despite the fact that I don't feel well, I'm really excited to see everyone. To put it in perspective, I was home 5 weeks last year, and was only supposed to be home 4 weeks this year. So to coordinate that with Danielle, who lives in NY, my dad, who travels a lot, and Ben, who is now a world traveler, it's really special when we all have a chance to spend time together. Danielle leaves for China tomorrow also, so if I hadn't come home I would have only seen her for 5 minutes from January until I got home in August. Now I get to see her for a few hours and 5 minutes between January and August.

But enough about the family reunion. I got a bunch of blood drawn and another couple of tests that it turns out test for like 30 things, so hopefully they'll figure it out. Then I'll be back in Oxford hopefully by my birthday. 

I hope Matt brings back a turtle too. And hearing anything from Matt Forrest makes my day. It should make your day too.

No comments:

Post a Comment