Tuesday, June 23, 2009

June 23, 1926 – The College Board administers the first SAT exam.

Small towns are kind of cool when you think about it. I walk down High Street in Oxford and everyone is just hanging out outside and everyone knows everyone and even if they don't they will stop and wave, but then at the same time that is kind of creepy because well than everyone knows everything about everyone.

I learned yesterday at the Barber Shop that the club house at Indian Ridge Golf Course burned down. I promise you that if you want to learn what is going on in a small town stop by a barber shop (I mean you can get your hair cut too). Raccoons have been really getting in the tomatoes as well though spreading some coyote piss around them is a great way to keep the raccoons away. Apparently there was a huge fire here awhile ago and Bruno's went up in flames, but don't worry guys some locals ran into the next store and got out all the whiskey so it didn't burn down (the guy outside the windows of Koffenya is studying for the drivers test). And I'm not sure who was getting their hair cut next to me, but I guess he owns like 50% of Oxford. Anyways this is a call for all of you Miami students to visit Oxford as much as possible over the summer so everything doesn't have to shut down while you are gone. Us travelers can't keep this place afloat by ourselves.

Still freaked out about what I will be doing in a year.

We went to Wal-Mart last night and thanks to my parents I am the premire thifty shopper. I was hoping to get everything I needed fro under $100. Well let's just say I got about 4 weeks worth of food (39 items) for a whole $63...I was proud ask Matt I repeated that fact multiple times. Shopping was fun overall...you should always go in groups it makes the whole experience more enjoyable and bring Bree if you can she gets distracted by all the shiney objects and makes it funny (even better when Matt runs over her with the shopping cart). Matt and I are hopefully going to be getting bikes soon (Matt is hoping they match), that should be exciting.

In other news I am offically done with Econ on thursday after my final, I might flip out and then go see transformers. In no particular order or maybe at the same time (so don't let me know what happens because I am trapped by school until then.

People watching is fun, I think I'll come here more often, you learn so much. The couple in the corner is researching wedding bands and I really want spinich artichoke dip from Kona like right now...I expect to be eating there soon.

Here's a way to distract your time and if your like me odds are you'll get hooked. http://www.sporcle.com/

Also my econ prof has a blog. He talks about it a lot in class and so I finally went and well just look at the post from Friday June 19th. http://twentycentparadigms.blogspot.com/

That's all I got for today!

Peace Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment