Monday, June 29, 2009

June 29 1613 – The Globe Theatre in London, England burns to the ground.

Carmen Sandiego was not in Chicago...Molly Dull apparently was.

Good weekend overall. Eric already outlined the events of Saturday night fairly accurately. I'm usually really good and pong and eric usually does not do too well...the heat must of messed everything up, that night. However that was one of the most epic ends to a game of pong ever.

Saturday I toured, met up with Jim for a bit who is here for a Beta conference (though from what I saw I don't know if he will survive). Hung out out Skippers with some tour guides and then did KC a huge favor and the four of us helped out by being in a commercial for Athletics. We pretended to cheer after a "touchdown" hard to do due to the lack of actual touchdowns I've seen the Miami football team make. However, Laura and I pretended so well that they rearranged the crowd so we were on the end right next to the camera and then we pretended the hell out of that excitement. Do not worry I will track down that commercial and post it the second it appears.

So KC had to return to Chicago for a wedding shower? and so she wanted someone to ride with her and so I decided why not. Minus some traffic it was a relatively quick drive in and I got to see my family and sleep in a cool house with full Internet, and then Sunday I got to see Allison for a bit (she had been in France for a year and we're pretty tight from high school)..naturally she wanted to see me. The ride back after a quick 24 hours in oxford was another story. My 5 hours drive took six and a half....traffic was dumb and we got a ticket or I did. I was surrounded by semi-trucks - which I hate and as a result missed the sign saying the speed limit dropped to 60. I was keeping up with traffic, not passing people and so either everyone did not care or they missed the sign too. Issue was they were all from Indiana I was from Illinois, as our license plate proudly displayed and as they sped off we had to sit on the side of the rode and get our ticket. Damn favoritism. Got in at 2:30AM and passed out.

Woke up at 6AM and went to work (Pat came back - yeah!) and gave one of the best tours I ever have, they loved me - I know it's hard to believe I was shocked too. My Geography class was interesting should be a pretty good one and the prof is an interesting guy. Some brilliant individual (who should have been in eric's geo class) thought that was his session I class, but he was six weeks too late...fail.

I don't have much else I kind of want to sleep but we shall see. Mike returns today! I hope no more hospice care.
I want to watch the food network...hmmmmm. Now I'm hungry

This is just to see if my vegan friends are reading
"Carnivore? Chances are you don't need some wimpy support group. Keep being AWESOME!"

Peace Out!

This makes me mad.... http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/29/opinion/29krugman.html?_r=2


1 comment:

  1. Naturally I wanted to see you? uhmm, hello? Didn't you want to see me too, "naturally?" You know you did. And there's no need to hate on vegetarians and vegans, got it? In response to what makes you mad, it makes me mad too, people need to take responsibility for our planet and give it some love. All around as Super random comment but I am proving to you that I read this so there.

    ReplyDelete