Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Sorry for the Delay

Hi Friends,

It's been some time since I posted. I apologize. I've been working on getting better, and assuming everything goes well with my doctor's appointment on Friday, I should be back in Oxford on Monday! Hopefully I will see all of you soon. I've missed hanging out with everyone.

As Matt's roommate, I can tell you that these flowcharts are works of art. Seriously, they are museum quality. He could teach a course.

I miss Matt Forrest's face. I mean you all know they guy. Who doesn't?

Eric owes me a hug. I better get it.

So basically I've just been working on getting better. I've actually gone out to eat the past couple nights which is a big step up. I finished reading a book about the Bulls that seemed to bash all the players and then explain how they were amazing. I don't care about their personal lives. They were the greatest basketball team ever. I miss Michael Jordan.

For all you Cavs fans out there who bow down to LeBron James, you should really watch Michael Jordan. See Jordan won six titles granted LeBron is still very young, but he did it in a way that everyone around his was better. MJ could do things that LeBron can only dream about. And even better, while LeBron hit that game winner against Orlando in game 2, in the greatest basketball game Matt Smola has ever been to (Also the only basketball game Matt Smola has ever been to) Jordan hit buzzer beater after buzzer beater after buzzer beater. Just ask Cleveland fans (Not the ones who found out about the team when Lebron was drafted). 

I will say this. You have to be pretty darn good to get to first name status. Lebron doesn't have a last name. Doesn't need it. That's because the best go by one name. Michael, Magic, Lebron, The Brazil Soccer team, Cher (Okay that's a huge stretch that probably just slashed all my credibility). Point being that as good as he is, Jordan still has that extra gear that makes him the greatest of all time. 

James is in the Jordan stage. Less selfish than Jordan was as a young player, Lebron has learned to share the ball, but he really doesn't have any help. He was 60% of his team's offense. And he lost. Jordan did the same thing. Always made the playoffs, including the Eastern Conference Finals twice before finally breaking through. But Jordan broke through when he got everyone else involved. Lebron took it upon himself to win, and one man can only keep a team in a series, he can't win it. Otherwise the Bulls would have won the NBA championship from 1984-1993 and then from 1995-1998. Then the Celtics would have to shut up.

By the way Eric, the Pistons suck.

Apparently, inside the new Goggin retired numbers have gone up on the brick pillars. Hopefully #26 will be there soon.

Just one question...Why is Ryan Jones so damn good?

2 comments:

  1. No comment on the fact that it's your birthday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. But the Tigers have won 5 straight including a walk-off homer last night. I think you heard about it. Oh burn.

    ReplyDelete