Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sunshine

So I finally saw the sun for the first time in days. Oxford was cloudy and rainy all week and then when I got home it was nasty too. But today is beautiful and sunny. It's 75ish and I'm sitting on my patio enjoying the weather.

Bree just stopped by on her way back to Oxford. It was a great surprise. And don't worry guys, she is bringing the TV and dvd player back, so she is allowed to not only live, but be in the apartment again.

I've decided I hate post-graduate testing. I'm studying for the GRE and the LSAT and I've decided that these tests are stupid because I refuse to believe they put me on equal footing with everyone else. Grad schools may say that GPA is more important than test scores, but I don't know about that. I also think it's ridiculous that someone may score higher than me on a stupid standardized test and get admitted when they don't have the skills and may drop the program.
I think our college records should stand for themselves, and I think interviews and presentations are a better way to do it. If I'm going to law school, I should have to prove my ability to argue and understand conceptual law, not my ability to solve a logic problem. 

As far as the GRE is concerned, I haven't done geometry since I was 14. CPCTC is the only thing I remember because it was an acronym. Why should I have to know it for the GRE? If I haven't used it in 6-7 years, am I really gonna use it in grad school? Of course not. 

My cousin just came in from France, and I'm gonna see her tonight. That should be fun. Ben comes home tomorrow afternoon, and my sister, Danielle, comes home tomorrow night. It's gonna be a giant family reunion. I'm excited. With the exception of Ben, I rarely see my family.

I also go to the doctor tomorrow morning at 9:30. I'll let you all know what's up when I find out. Hopefully I'll be back in Oxford by the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment