Sunday, June 14, 2009

Lights Out for Turtles!

So it's just past 10pm here and I'm about to go to bed. I woke up at 6:15 this morning and went running on the beach. It was great, the sun was shining, the wind was at my back (until I turned around), and there were lots of friendly old people walking around. None seemed ready for handball, but you never know...

I ran "with" my dad, as in, we ran at the same time but at different paces. After we finished, my mom and dad walked on the beach a little and I went to claim some chairs by the pool. It was around 8:00 and I was the only one by the pool. I got us a premo location and proceeded to lay down. It was great.

I continued laying around all day, in and out of the pool, in and out of the ocean, until around 2:30-3:00. It had gotten rather hot so I went inside and took a nap. Woke up around 5:00 and headed to dinner with the 'rents.

Last night, we were starving. I can't remember if I stated that in my post yesterday. We needed groceries for the week but were also looking for somewhere quick to eat, i.e fast food. Driving around Hilton Head at night is ridiculous, because nothing is well-lit. I mean nothing. And it's all for the turtles. Loggerhead sea turtles mate and lay eggs in May and June, so little baby turtles are dashing to the ocean from June-August. They apparently turn towards the brightest source (ought to be the morning sun) and run all willy-nilly to the ocean. So in order to keep turtles going in the right direction, there are all kinds of coastal light ordinances here and in other coastal cities. Good for the turtles, but it makes seeing anything at night a bitch.

Not too much else today, the 'rents are going golfing tomorrow morning so I'll probably run and then do some photoadventuring. Hopefully that'll turn out well. Oh! We saw about half a dozen dolphins just off the beach today. I've decided I want one. I think we can keep it in the pool at the apartment, as long as Amy doesn't shoot it between the eyes.

$11.85

No comments:

Post a Comment