Monday, June 15, 2009

Osprey and Jellies and Sharks! Oh My!


Today was another lazy day on Hilton Head Island. I woke up early to run again--and was dripping with sweat when I finished. Instead of heading straight for the pool, I walked along the beach a little until I was no longer sweating profusely, and then headed up to grab the camera. The morning sun was still low enough in the sky to get some pictures in before it got too crowded on the beach.

There was a lot of wildlife, both dead and alive, on the beach this morning. There were pelicans, seagulls, osprey, dead jellyfish, and even a shark!


Osprey, dead jellyfish, and a shark!

My sister called from Europe today! It was good to talk to her, although I felt bad that my dad took up so much of her valuable time with a run-down of her finances. She's having a blast though, and I told her to buy me things. She told me to do the same, I think we have a deal.

We went to a nice place for dinner tonight. One of their specials was crusted sea bass. I got it. It was amazing. I enjoy fish, but I don't usually foodgasm over it. Today, that changed. My parents agreed that I had the best meal of the evening. I kept laughing when I heard or said the words "sea bass," because all I could think about was the Austin Powers movie with the killer sea bass.

I got an e-mail today from my friends back home...not sure if they read this...and apparently Kevin is having a party on Saturday in honor of my birthday ("sans Smola"). I wish I could be there, but it's not really feasible. I think I'd like to have them visit sometime soon, maybe in a couple weekends? Oh well, we'll see how things go. For now, I'm going to bed and Savannah in the morning. Should have interesting things to write about tomorrow...maybe.

$20.61...!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment