Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I have no freakin clue

Mike's post about being sick made me sad, I'm sure it made you sad too...no one likes being sick and hearing about it made me sad. So I'm going to be positive! :-)

Last night I finished my 4th book in 3 weeks, I know I know too exciting. I just finished reading "The Places In Between" which is the story of Rory Stewart's walk across against Afghanistan (written by himself) right after the Taliban fell. It's pretty good so if you're looking for a good summer read go for it. He really walked the whole way - he walked pakistan, iran, nepal and india but he didn't care enough to write about it

(THIS JUST IN: Eric just challenged the Koolaid Man to a logrolling contest - more details to come soon - comment if you would like to see this happen)

I had to be at work at 7:30AM - it rained, A LOT...but I was inside scanning, researching and filing for the (Lynn is being cynical of the oven) Honors office and then my name was not drawn from the pumpkin so I did not have to tour in the bum weather...I did get to bother Madeline though - that was fun. Then I went to get my computer fixed the line was REALLY long so I didn't, instead I killed time until I could go back to honors work.
I advised an incoming music performance major who was freaking out about her major and life and everything, after we talked her and her mom were clam and happy, I felt accomplished...better than the crazy parents who were yelling at me yesterday.
Walking home it was not raining, I was happy. I saw the monkey on-campus again, I was confused but it was a monkey so I felt cheery anyways (there is a grad student who has a monkey, I do not know why but it is real and it is a monkey and I have seen it twice so there). I want a monkey...it would keep this summer even more interesting. (If you have a free monkey please let us know and send it our way - thank you - this is not a joke - i am serious - i am NOT laughing, and so neither should you).
Anyways I walked home and took out the garbage and organized my life a little more (it makes me feel accomplished and keeps me from getting to bored) then I ate pizza rolls yummmmm...eric says they will kill me...I don't care they are good.
I read some stuff about investing and such - I might do that sometime - or at least look into it - I really wanna learn how to play the stock market - I will let you know when I do (Matt is happy the sun is out and Bree is rolling around it what looks like the remains of Christmas or a dead prostitute...your choice...mike is curious)
The Cubs are playing but I also have econ homework (international econ is kind of interesting-i don't know how i feel about that).... tomorrow should be interesting so I will see what happens and it is almost the weekend (I have to wait another week to get paid which is not fun)

Maybe I'll start another book tonight - I haven't decided yet...oh well we really need to buy some games.

Peace out!

2 comments:

  1. There is no monkey, stop eating the mushrooms

    ReplyDelete
  2. This still isn't as bad as eating drunk food for dinner.

    ReplyDelete