Sunday, June 28, 2009

Oh Contraire...

...they DO make "I'd Rather Be Blogging" bumper stickers!

In other news, James just left town and is headed back to Cinci for the week. I might end up going back home this weekend with him. Who knows.

This past weekend was pretty sweet. I picked up some new vocab and phrases from James, including "buy into it," "raging," and "ingratiate." We had a great time, and yes, Matt Forrest did get his artichoke dip at Kona with us. While the cute waitress of my last trip to Kona was not there, we still had a good time and James really chatted it up with our waitress with "the artsy glasses." Later that night, James and I ditched everyone else and hung out at Skipper's, reminiscing about old times and making friends with the bartender(s), a recently-alummed-alum (who almost gave us money), and a guy who aparently enjoys his Irish car-bombs to be the size of your head. Speaking of Irish car-bombs, I tried one of those for the first time on Friday. Having been warned of curdling, I was a wee bit (see what Irish does to you?) concerned, but it was actually a very enjoyable experience. After this, we headed out to Mac & Joe's for a drink as well (I was giving James a small tour-de-bars-de-Oxford).

After Mac & Joe's, we went back to see Eric, Matt Forrest, Andy, Nicole, and Kelly(?), who were at Andy, Nicole, and Kelly's place. They were boring...and we were in no mindset to sit still and "chill." So back to Skipper's we went! At this point, we ran into Ian Fleming, known to members of the team "9 Gentiles and a Jew" as "Coach." Turns out, Coach is living on the same floor as us next year! Sweet! He also happened to be at Skipper's with a lot of friends, most of which were girls. James and I were introduced to a couple of them and it was a lot of fun talking with them. One was really cool and it'd be nice to meet her again.

On Saturday, we pretty much hung out by the pool all day. There were quite a few people there, a few of which were attempting silly things in the pool. Eric (former lifeguard) was not willing to save them in the event of an accident. I can't entirely blame him. But! We did have beach balls and a splash ball (made popular in the late 90's...you know what I'm talking about), so we were messing around with those as well. After a delightful day in the sun, grillmaster Matt (myself) came out again and cooked up some (of Eric's) burgers for the crew. I thought they were pretty good, everyone seemed to agree, and to date, no one has died.

After dinner, we all crashed. Hard. I took a shower and fell asleep, and woke up to the concussive sound of beach balls be smacked around in the pool. I went down and joined them for a bit, then we got out and readied ourselves for Culver's! Culver's, for the uninformed, is a burger/frozen custard place that's pretty popular in Wisconsin, and there's a franchise in Hamilton. Actually, beyond Hamilton. We drove there for ice cream frozen custard and had a pretty good time. On the way back, we sang some Backstreet Boys (at least I did) and arrived home rather tired. Churched this morning with James, and here we are.

I think I might buy a bike today, even though Matt Forrest is at home (oh yeah, that happened too) and we were going to buy matching bikes. Can't win 'em all.

Eric is now done with class and is going to go to the rec with me in the mornings. Wakeup time is around 5:30am, so waking him up could be rough...good thing we've got the Mojito Song to help us.

...and I don't know what BL(ogr)eunion is supposed to really mean...so if someone chasing waterfalls could fill me in, that'd be cool.

3 comments:

  1. oh matt smola, how disappointing-- it means that we're going to bring our blogs together. some way, somehow...

    p.s. i've convinced katelyn to join me at GBD2010 this year. be ready for some major toasting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. also, the phrase is "au contraire," with "au" being a french preposition. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sir you can not constantly be linking to a blog that does not link back to ours...we need reciprocal agreements here...miss you?

    ReplyDelete