Sunday, June 21, 2009

The Word of the Day for June 21, 2009 is: improvident

I found this post on FML...makes me think of our apartment

"Today, I realized how much I hate my apartment. Not only can I hear my creepy upstairs neighbor having sex with random hookers every few night, I can also hear him everytime he takes a shit. I honestly don't know which is worse. FML"

I got to watch a world record being broken yesterday. It was a "Merger Moment" as Ray Mock wanted to dub it. Anyways the previous world record for the most wedding vows renewed at once was set in Pittsburg last year and had 624 couples. They were afraid they weren't going to break it. Turns out we had over 1080 couples renew their vows. That's Miami magic for you. It was really cool to be a part of and the newest "Miami Mergers" actually ended their wedding at the Upham Arch. For those of you who have no idea what I am talking about, a Miami Merger is when one Miami grad marries another. We're kind of famous for them here. We have the highest percentage of students marrying other grads. 14% of all grads so well over 26,000 moments. Again another thing to make me love Miami and I was part of a world record being broken.

Anyways it was Matt 21st birthday last night and well I think he's writing a really long blog post about it, so I wont go into all the details. Needless to say it was fun and we're still recovering. Hey it's college so sometime it's okay to drink too much (especially on a 21st birthday) and becasue it was alumni weekend we were fully supported by all the alumni watching as go through the memories they were uptown trying to recreat. Slow Idaho is an absoluting huge house, we hung out there for a little bit before heading Uptown and wow, it's bigger than home in chicago. Needless to say I'm a fan. I really want to know what it's named Slow Idaho - i'm not completely sure I get it. I think Matt had fun...I mean we made sure of it and we were all able to piece together the night pretty well. Read matt's post to learn about everything. I did get to see a lot of my friends who had graduated though so that made me really happy, it was great to see everyone (even if people were to drunk to remember) Apperantly Hunter reads our blog so this is a shout out to him, hope you liked it.

I only have three more econ classes left and hopefully if I don't do something stupid that causes me to fail my final miserablly (I mean like get a 0) I will be done with econ classes forever. International Econ is actually my favorite econ class i've had (the topics are more intresting and make more sense than all the theoretical bull behind micro and macro that can never be recreated in real markets. I'm hoping my geography class will be intresting I like geography and africa is cool so hopefully I get to learn a lot and don't hate myself for taking it. There's only 10 of us in the class soooo I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I'm at the library I think I'm heading home soon. I might be a little sleepy I have no real idea.

Hopefully everyone has a great father's day and takes time to appreciate thier dad's parents put up with a lot of shit from kids for some odd reason so show them you care. I visited Failblog and found this FAIL. Kind of wiered me out but it relates to Father's Day. It reads "Give Dad what He Always Wanted" "A weekend for both of you in the Nude. We Set the Mood. You Provide the Romance." - HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

Love & Honor to Miami - to round out the weekend.

Peace Out!

2 comments:

  1. I am indeed a faithful reader - I try to live vicariously in Oxford through my still-in-oxford friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is what we like to hear

    ReplyDelete