Sunday, June 28, 2009

The Weekend

This has been a great weekend. Now the challenge is to recall and compress it all into a readable format for your enjoyment. Here we go...

Friday night I worked (making money=good), while there I got a text from Matt. It said "stop working" Enlightening. Apparently Matt and Matt's friend James were killing Matt with their science heavy dinner conversation and pathetic attempts to impress the cute waitress. I felt bad, but there was nothing I could do.

After work we all met up with Andy and friends at Skips. "And friends" in this case is Nicole and Kelly. Both very nice girls, recommended people to meet for sure. Matt and James left, Andy, Nicole, and Kelly had a few pitchers, then me and Matt went back to their house. Here follows the account of the most memorable game of pong I have ever played. So we lost the first one. It was Matt and I against Kelly and Nicole, and Kelly was unconscious, she made everything, it was ridiculous. We lost by one cup. The second game was different. Kelly gave up, so someone woke Andy up (yes, he went to bed while we were there) and he took her spot. I made the front cup and announced that I was starting in the front and working my way back. I then hit the second row right to left and the first two cups of the third row before messing up and hitting one in the back. At this point Matt decided he would contribute and made a few shots. All the while, Andy had been consistently making cups, so it was not a sure victory. In fact, it was tied at two cups left apiece when the real magic happened. Nicole was trying to be distracting and waving her hands around and then she pointed at the cup, Matt shot, cup down. Me next, "Point at the cup!" I yell, she acquiesced, I shoot, graceful arc, in cup, game over. Victory high fives, Kelly drunk facebooking, bedtime.

Next day, pool. Actually I worked first then went back to bed then had pancakes, but the pool was a big part of the day. Everyone came over. Anyone who was in Oxford and worth hanging out with was at the Fox & Hounds pool. We bought beach balls and a splash bomb, good purchases both. Somewhere around here Matt went home without saying goodbye. I hate him.

I got Culverized last night. This event involves driving half an hour to get something that closely resembles what I could have walked 5 minutes to get from McDonalds for cheaper. I don't know if it will happen agian. SOME people seem to think it is the greatest thing ever. These people do not have thier own vehicular transport suited to such distances. These people may or may not be named Nicole Adams. (The answer is may). Oh well, we got to catch a glimpse of Megan Fox in Transformers at the drive-in as we sped by on the way back. Pretty much made the whole trip worth it.

The day was capped with a showing of Nannie McPhee on ABC Family. I wouldn't normally consider Emma Thompson to be especially attractive, but when you see her go from her hideious self to her normal self, she is a babe.

Totally bomb weekend. Maybe more pooling this afternoon, maybe a nap.

The End

Billy Mays died?!? wtf!

No comments:

Post a Comment