Saturday, June 13, 2009

Working to Get Better

So it was weird waking up in my own bed today. I still have no box spring, so I just sleep on a mattress on the ground, but that's okay. I spent most of the day resting and watching tv and reading. I don't do sitting well. Being sick is not helping.

But Josh Wolff got me out of the house. Josh and I have been best friends since 6th grade, friends since we were 7. We typically go on long drives and talk and such, which is exactly what we did. Josh made me get out of the house which I owe him for because it was really nice to drive around and see my old neighborhood. I don't do it very often. I rarely come home. So I got perked up to see the entire area. I saw some people on the sidewalks that I hadn't seen since high school. Josh and I realized that there is no one left at our high school that we went to school with. But we did get excited to learn that our school had won the state baseball championship. I guess we still have some high school pride.

I also spent time reading college football previews. I can't wait for it to start up. I know from my Mizzou days that nothing brings a campus together like college football...except for Miami. That's what hockey is for. I love hockey. It's funny that they come out with these previews so far in advance. Especially with all the players that could get hurt or suspended before the season starts in September...It's still June.

Tomorrow will be another interesting day. I'm hoping to at least sit outside for awhile. I finally see the doctor on Monday. They are gonna poke at me for a long time. Maybe they'll figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment